January 7, 2016

2015's Rear-view Mirror and Movies

So this year has been a fast moving, life changing, revealing kind of year.  It didn’t seem all that long ago that 2015 had just started.  I had just found this channel on YouTube, that gave me info on movies (even Star Wars).  Collider Video has been my go-to source for movies this year.  Speaking of movies; Avoid “Love the Coopers” as much as possible.  If I were to rate that movie it wouldn’t score very high.  It has a good cast, but it takes too long to develop the story.  If you are completely bored and have nothing better to do than watch this movie, I suggest making a snow angel in your undies. You might have a better time.  Since I’m on the subject of movies let’s talk about a few more.  I’ll be quick about it.  In short I’ll just score the ones I’ve seen.  My score system looks at five categories.
1 Story Movement; is it slow, confusing, fun, or boring.
2 Visual Effects; do the effects interfere with the story or help it.
3 Soundtrack/Score; Does the music fit, hinder or help the plot.
4 Acting; Are the actors believable or do they suck.
5 Entertainment; How entertaining is the movie experience over all
Not too many movies get 5 points, and I believe I’m pretty fair on the scoring.  So here we go.

Love The Coopers – 2.25
Krampus – 3.5
Hunger Games part 2 – 4.0
Star Wars Episode 7 – 4.5
In The Heart of the Sea – 4.75
Ex Machina – 4.25
The Martian – 4.75
Mad Max: Fury Road – 4.5
Kingsman: The Secret Service – 4.0
Inside Out – 4.0
Avengers: Age of Ultron – 4.5
Jurassic World – 4.25
Vacation – 3.25

Enough of that!!!
I bet you can tell that I’m getting pretty bored.  Sitting in a bed is not my idea of fun.  Heck right now I’m standing at the foot of the bed, typing as they are working on my chemo bags.  So less to do and so much time to fuck it up…LOL!  My wife would love to have time like that.  Well not under these circumstances, but she would love to have time to just sit there and go……um……duh!  I’m not sure she would do that, but she would like a chance I’m sure.  The first go around of the whole chemo thing wasn’t too bad.  Like I said in a previous post; not bad.  If this is how it is going to be than bring it on!  Laugh if you will, because even I have scoffed at that notion.  Knock on wood, fucker!  If I keep saying “Bring it on”, it just might do that and I may end up praying to the porcelain god and fighting the urge to soil my skivvies at the same time.  What a sight that would be.  I better hide the video cam and change Raenae’s YouTube password!
(Update)
Today is the seventh day of the new year.  What you were reading above was the twenty-ninth of December.  I had to stop typing because I jinxed myself.  Moments later I was praying!  I didn’t soil myself, Oh no!  The next few days prevented that and created a whole new definition of New Year’s Hangover for me.  Let’s just say that I wish I would have had to ditch the skivvies that day.  I went back to the hospital on New Year’s Eve.  They unplugged my chemo bag and we had a little discussion about constipation.  The pharmacy there was closed at the time of the visit.  So the lovely folks (and I do mean that; they are good people) at the hospital and I talked about ways to relieve the pain.  OK, so here’s what we came up with (If you want to win a fart war then pay attention!).  First thing you do is pick up the following items: 1/2 gallon of Prune juice, a bottle of Senna-S, and some Mira lax.  Go mix that up!  I don’t recommend mixing the powder with the juice, NASTY!!!  Without going into breakfast loosing, lunch tossing, or dinner regurgitation details; I’ll just say I won whatever Fart war we would have had, and yes the pain did go away.
That last experience had me thinking; this isn’t going to be a cake walk.  That whole week and into the weekend I didn’t feel very good.  As a matter of fact, I felt the worst I have felt in a very long time.  I couldn’t really enjoy the New Year’s events that Salt Lake City had to offer that night, but I did get to spend time with my wife in bed just talking and playing Yahtzee.  The trip home was much better this time.  We had no issues with the weather or the roads.

So in short my friends, I must apologize for this post.  I thought about deleting it and starting over, but then again what would be the point of tagging along with me on my journey if I edit it to only highlight the good stuff.  I’m not doing this for pity or attention.  I’m doing this blog to benefit from sharing my experience with cancer and trying to hone my writing skills, that’s it.  I hope you guys enjoy the posts that I have done and will continue to do.  If you don’t like them, well then stop coming to the blog.  You can get my usual rants about stuff on Facebook.  If you do enjoy them, well then thank you for stopping by and I hope to entertain you in the future.  So with that said, Happy New Year!

No comments: