January 27, 2016

Update Test Today!

Well the day is almost here!  Tomorrow I will be taking some tests to see how the treatment is going.  I’m a bit nervous, but not as nervous as I’ll be when I see the doctor on February 8th.  I won’t stress too much…just a tad.  I believe things are going to be good.
This last trip to Salt Lake was a good one.  My wife and I spent the day (before the games) out Geocaching.  We finally achieved 300 caches!  We meet our goal!  Now it’s time for the 500 mark.  On Monday I got to see some Family members that I haven’t seen in a long time.  It was nice!  They came to see me at Huntsman.  Later that day I got to meet a person that has one of my travel bugs, and has taken it across the world.  I will post a picture of it on Facebook.  On the way home, I made my wife stop so I could get started on my 500 mark.  I got one!  So only 199 more to go.  Man was it cold that night.  I found out that caching with the chemo bag on is not a good idea.  Holy Crap!  My feet got really cold and when we went to a gas station they asked if I was OK.  I was walking like I had no feet.  I looked funny walking that way.  Something I know that the All Service Employees have seen and probably had a good laugh with.  I know I do when I see myself walking that way.
Since my last post, some things have changed.  I’ve been in a lot of pain (which is now under control) and trying to eat was getting worse.  I am going to start a somewhat more of a liquid diet for a few days, just to get my weight back up.  Don’t worry, I’m not skin and bones yet.  Speaking of that I almost forgot.  To achieve our 300 mark for Geocaching we had to go inside a museum.  They had this cool exhibit about mummies.  I got to thinking; how many people in the ancient world had died of cancer and never really understood what was happening to them.  How sad it must have been to experience.  I am glad that times have changed and that we now have the technology to fight cancer.  OK back to the regularly scheduled program.  I have also obtained some gear to help with the cold.  So if you see a green face skull all bundled up, walking to the Post Office in Shoshoni, that would be me.  SO don’t freak out and hit me with your car, please!
I think I got all of my paperwork done for the government that I need to.  I was on the phone with them today and things are looking pretty good.  I’m not sure what all they will help with, but I’m sure it will be better than nothing and not near as much as I use to make.  At least they were nice.
I have some friends out there that are starting to go through what I am going through.  One is getting the run-around and that really sucks.  We’ve talked some, and I have a gut feeling that he will beat it.  He is a Veteran and a strong willed person.  Hopefully he reads these posts.  Just to keep him smiling.

Well folks, it’s that time again.  I must go to bed (2:30am) right now.  I have to get up in a few hours and head to my test in Casper.  It will suck for a moment; no coffee or eats till after the tests.  I can at least have some warm water till then.  Have a wonderful day, and it starts with how you preserve the day, and only the day. 

No comments: