January 13, 2016

Sleepless Nights

Ever have one of those nights where you lay in bed tossing, turning, starring at nothing, and yes even the inevitable sigh?  Me too!  Let’s explore this a bit further.  Ever since I started with the chemotherapy, my sleep pattern has changed.  It’s harder to fall asleep and when I do the dreams that I’m entertained with are far too often weird.  When I’m engaged in a night like this, I just don’t stay in bed counting the ticks on the clock.  I tend to get up and either work on a book, watch TV, play a game, or work on these blogs. 
With my wife asleep in our room, I begin to miss the comfort of her body next to mine.  I’m sure she does too.  I just can’t lay there going “DUH!”  So I get up and find something to do.  Most of the time I’m just trying to stay warm.  Let’s face it, going through chemo is cold.  Your hands and feet tingle (like the frostbite tingle) like no other.  I spend a lot of time shivering and just trying to stay warm.  I tend to pry my mind away from that through our TV.  Most of the time it works, it takes a while, but it does work.  I just wish I could spend more time with my wife than what we do now.  She has been there for me and I appreciate that.  I will make it up to her when this is all said and done.
So when it comes to working on my book, I have to re-read what I have written, because I do tend to stray from the story.  A part of the chemo I’m sure.  What I end up with by the night’s end is a couple of scenes that might make it into the final cut.  The book I am working on now is fitting for this blog.  It is entitled “Reflections”.  It is a family story and a dramatic one at that.  Yes, I am taking parts of my life into account with this book, but it is by no means based on actual events or people.  It is a work of fiction.  Now some of you are wondering what happened to the other two books.  Don’t worry my friends they are still being worked.  Right now they are on the final edits.  Hopefully to be published this year.  Unlike the new book, those books are dark and scary.
When it comes to the Xbox, I haven’t done too much with it.  I keep forgetting what I am doing in the game or I just don’t feel like playing a game.  I know some of you are going, “WHAT!”  Don’t worry too much about that.  I do get going on a game and I do have fun with them.  Right now I’m playing “Dragon Age: Inquisition”, “Fall Out 4”, “Whitcher 3”, and “Tomb Raider”.  I’m not stuck in any of them, just bouncing around and trying to keep my mind off of the lack of sleep thing.
Now when I do get to go to sleep, I sleep long and hard, one just has to grab my pillow to find out.  That sucker is wet.  Now is it from sweat or drool, I’m not sure maybe a mixture of both.  All I know is that I feel a shit load better when I wake up.
So what do you guys do when you just can’t fall asleep.  Leave your replies in the comments below.  I’m interested in what you guys do.  Maybe it will help me out a bit.

Thanks again for reading and I hope you enjoyed our time together.  Sweet dreams and until next time…….”The Force will be with you, Always”

No comments: