February 6, 2016

What a day!

Me recently
As you can see there is a new look to this blog.  It is just one of the few things that I have been doing, since I can't sleep.  Today has been a very rough day.  It started out OK, but before lunch it got bad.  I don't know why but it did.  Well I guess this post will cover two days, since it is now almost 3am.
Since yesterday my gut has been hurting, like really fucking bad!  Sorry for the cussing but sometimes when I write I get into the flow and I really don't feel like editing out the foul language.  If it offends you...well then all I can say is I'm sorry, but you might want to get use to it, or simply stop following this blog.  As you might be able to tell, I'm not in the cheeriest mood right now.  Maybe some of you can relate or maybe you understand.  At any point, right now I just need to spill the beans as they fall.  I will try to keep the cussing down to a minimum but like I said before, if the flow is running then my foul mouth will not be censored.  So with that said let's move on the reason for writing tonight.  Well maybe just one other disclaimer before we begin, right now it is early (like I said before its 3am) so if something doesn't make any sense just bear with me.  I'm tired and my brain seems to be wondering...

So when the pain started this morning (yesterday), I got on the couch and laid there for what seemed to be hours.  It was really only twenty minutes.  As I was laying there all I could think about was how this pain was messing up my plans for the day.  What I had intended to do wouldn't come to light at all.  A first for me since I've been home.  Some days the pain got bad, but it went away or at least died down.  It started after trying to eat.  Man my chest felt like an alien was burst out of it.  I wondered if Ripley could give me some advice on the matter, so I got up and tried to find one of the "Alien" movies.  No such luck, at least for several hours.  I realized that Steven had taken those movies to his room to watch.  He loves those movies.  I didn't feel like sitting in his room going through his shelves just to find a movie.  So I did the next best thing and put on Netflix.  I started to watch a show about outdoor adventures.  That seemed to help.  It took my mind off of laying on the couch in pain.  Although the pain was still there and it hurt like hell to move, I was able to enjoy watching the two hosts walk around the wilderness.  It got me thinking about the hiking trip I took last year.  I went camping with Steve and John at Atlantic Lake.  We had a good time fishing and hiking.
Windy Lake; above Lander, Wyoming
 This picture was taken on day two.  It is the outlet of Windy Lake.  I tried to find a different picture, but they seem to be on the house PC.  Since I do all my writing on my laptop, not all of my pictures are available right now.  Anyways, on that trip we caught some Golden Trout.  Which is funny, because as John told me that Goldens aren't a trout but rather a Char.  At least that's what I think he said.  If I'm wrong let me know.  It will give me something to tease John about.  We had a good time.  This year the hike wasn't as bad as the trip before (2014 or 2013).  That trip sucked major ass.  We made the four mile hike in full on fishing gear.  Waders, water shoes, tackle vests, and water bottles in our packs.  Man that hike seemed to take forever.  Not to mention that I was still having neck and back issues.

  ***Now a message from our Sponsor***  COFFEE BREAK!!!  What a Fuck-Tard!  I just tried to stir my coffee, sugar, and creamer before adding the coffee!!!

This trip found me in better spirits, because I had the surgery done the November before.  I'm not sure exactly when we went on our trip (August or September 2015).  I think it was close to hunting season though.  So I was in better shape then the trip before.  We each had our own tents and our own water pumps and Jet Boils and we shared some food.  Of Course we did dine on the fish we had caught in Atlantic Lake.  Here is a kind of panoramic shot of Windy Lake.
South Windy Lake
North Windy Lake
Middle Windy Lake
 OK, I had to find these pictures.  They were on Facebook.  That lake lived up to it's name.  It was windy as hell up there and watching John and Steve fly fish it was fun.  They did catch fish though.  Well we didn't catch very many fish, but we did catch fish, all Goldens too.  Our buddy Josh missed out.  Maybe next year (or hell even better, this year) we can convince Josh to come back from Montana for a camping trip.

So back to my day.  I know, bummer right?  The day found me in a lot of pain and on the couch.  There was very little I could do.  I didn't even want to play a video game.  Shocker there!  I mean it took everything I had just to run a TV remote with one hand.  The other hand was on a pillow holding it next to my guts.  It helps somewhat but not enough to say it went away.  Of course I took my medications.  That just added to the feeling like shit part of it.  The meds do make the pain tolerable for the most part, yet again, this time it's getting worse.  It is to be expected, or so my doctors say.  That's why they put me on pain meds.  "You have to try to live life comfortably Kurth, and try not to tough it out."  My Doctors tell me almost every time I see them.  I don't like being high!  What! Did Kurth Warren just say that!  No, not that former POT-HEAD!  Yes indeed you mother.....OK I'll censor that.  I stopped smoking pot years ago.  I had the desire to hold a job over getting stoned.  Now I don't even want to smoke weed.  Not even if the Doctors tell me it's OK.  Which they have by the way).  Well not smoke it but rather a pill.  So there I was on the couch and my outdoor adventure show was over.  My dog Bodhi had climbed up on the couch with me and I had lost the remote, so I
Bodhi on his favorite spot on the couch.
just let the TV play what was ever next in line.  Why Netflix went from a outdoor show to a dinosaur documentary was beyond me.  I didn't have any documentary on my playlist.  Although after watching "Dinosaur 13"  I might.  It was interesting enough for me to keep watching it, even after Bodhi got up and I found the remote.  How that little guy can get around is beyond me.  He is almost completely blind (poor Bodhi).  Bodhi has been my Pal that is for sure.  He knows something is wrong with me.  He is always at my side or under my feet.  So when I'm home, I'm never alone.  If it wasn't for him, I would have gone mad weeks ago.  If you have been looking at the picture of Bodhi then you might have noticed the white legs.  If you have been following me or if you know me, then you probably know what that is.  If not, then let me fill you in.  It's a Stormtrooper!  Darth Vader is on the other side of the TV.  I'll take a picture of them tomorrow, no wait, next week.  We are sending the TV back to the store.  I can't afford it anymore.  So we decided to reduce our monthly payments.  We have two other Wide Screen TVs so it's not a big deal.  I do miss having the money to buy whatever I wanted to.  But that's life.  You spend money when you have it, and don't spend it when you're as broke as...  No need to go there, just yet.  We aren't actually hurting financially yet.  That will be next month though I'm afraid.  It really does suck not working.  I wish that I could go to work.  At least then I wouldn't be freaking out about the bills.  Like I said, we are OK for now.  I know that will change very soon.  I lost my insurance, since I had it through work.  I'm happy the tribes are paying for my treatment for the next few visits.  How long that will last who knows.  Hopefully it lasts until the disability stuff kicks in.  Man I'm still not use to saying that.

Anyway!  It's past 4am now.  I'm still not tired!  So I think I'm going to end this post.  I will continue to mess with the blog site stuff, so come back and see what's new.  I'm still working on a page for the story for this blog.  So far it doesn't look good.  I might have to place the story on the main page, which could get confusing, by getting mixed up with the regular posts.  I will find out if the chemo is working or not on Monday.  Maybe I'll write to you guys while I'm there.  It all depends on how I feel and stuff.  Speaking of...  If you guys are ever in Salt Lake City on a Monday let me know.  I'm there every other Monday.  I can have visitors as long as you are not ill.  I'm sure Raenae could use some company.  She gets bored sitting there.  I tend to send her on a goose chase in the city, just to give her something to do.  She has been a trooper.  So again, if you guys see her in town, stop and say hello to her and ask her how she is doing.  She could use a pick me up or a complement from someone other than me.  For that matter, so could my family; Earl, Linda, Kari, Chelsie, Kaleb, Mason, Gracie, Bobby, Tyler, Shelby (Jayce), Steven, Mary, Steve and of course Molly and Bodhi.  They all have been worried about me.  I hope that those of you that are praying for me are praying for them as well.  I believe that they could use it.  I know it must be hard for them.  My nephew Mason asked me if the cancer was what was hurting me while we were hunting this past fall.  I told him it was.  That kid cracks me up, but makes one think too.  He said, "I fucking hate cancer."  He is only 12 years old.  I asked him why he said that.  He told me why he hates cancer.  To think that a kid that young has been affected by cancer in the way he has is remarkable.  He understands what it is and what it can do.  I may not be his favorite uncle, but I am his uncle and he loves me.  That much he tells me when I see him.  OK, I've blabbed long enough.  So until our next meeting...

Take care and I hope that you guys have a good weekend.












No comments: