February 26, 2016

It's Stint Time

Well I had a stint installed yesterday at the University of Utah. They placed it over the tumor (which has grown 3cm and is now 9cm long) and into my stomach. So hopefully in a few days I will be able to eat again. We have been in Salt Lake City most of the week. We arrived on Monday and will be leaving for home Friday morning. What a week it has been. The other night I walked into a Wal-Mart and was denied entry. I had on my Chemo bag and was told that I had to take it off or leave the store. I did talk to the assistant manager the next morning. She apologized for the employee's actions and told me that I was allowed in. I plan on writing a formal complaint to HQ when I get home. Some people just don't have the ability to show customers any curtacy when it comes to medical care. The lady that night was rude and like my wife said,  she profiled me as a thief. To think that she greets all medical patients with a bag connected to them this way is appalling. I went to a different store, and it just got robbed as I was walking in. The guy at the door asked me to place my bag in a locker. When I told him what it was he apologized and said to come on in. He politely handled the situation even after watching a man run from the store with a hand cart full of stuff.
Wal-Mart's Facebook page for that particular store apologized to me online and told me to come to the store and talk with the management. Which I have done. They apologized and told me that the associate will be told to let people with a bag hooked up to them is allowed in the store. I intend on writing HQ about it. Some people need more practical advice on customer service before they are dealing with them without supervision. Some people need to be recognized for their customer relations as well. I have most of the information that I need to write HQ a letter.
Anyways....
I woke up this morning with a case of severe heartburn. Hoochie momma! I sucked on some antacids and got the burn to chill a bit. So for the next few days I will have to be careful on what I eat. I should be able to eat normally by Monday. That will be just #buttmunchiecrunchy
We watched a couple movies while here. The Witch wasn't as good as the trailer made it out to be (2.5/7). Gods of Egypt was ok (5/7). The best time on this trip was spent with my wife on Wednesday. We went to the Clark Planetarium and the Leonardo Museum. We have memberships to them and the zoo thanks to some friends.  So we try to check them out while we have some down time.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a good weekend.

No comments: